Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Healing Powers of Zuppa

Ever have one of those days where your body just needs the healing power of soup?  I'm there.  Between fighting a head cold, a blood infection, and a case of the Mondays, my body needed some TLC. 

There's lots of good folklore about soup in my family...We have Stracciatella, lovingly referred to as "sick soup" that we make *all* the time - but that's another recipe and story for another occasion.  And my Nana used to say that if you ate hot soup in hot weather, it will help cool you down. While those in my family suffering from hot flashes may disagree, I think she was on to something.  So in 73 degree Sacramento weather, I cranked up the gas stove and got cookin'.

There's something distinctly therapeutic about chopping veggies.  Perhaps it's because I've slowly gotten better at it over the years, and perhaps because it helps me empty my mind, but whatever the reason, it really calms me.  Some people do yoga, I chop veggies.   

Forgive the crap-tastic iPhone photo, since I can't seem to find the battery for my camera. But if you make the Recipe yourself, this is what awaits you:



May the healing powers of Zuppa be with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment